Typical 3rd-party and address book workflow

Hi everybody,

I’m having a good time exploring Dolibarr. Thanks for all the work - amazing!

I would be curious to learn how others set up their contact management efficiently.

Usually, you have a cardDAV or some other address book that you sync with mobile phones and possibly email clients. That’s all fine. Now I have the 3rd parties in Dolibarr on top of that. The list of 3rd-parties should be identical to my address book entries for the most part as I understand it. Does that mean that if I have a new contact, should I enter it two times - once in my address book outside of Dolibarr and once as a 3rd-party within Dolibarr? That seems to be quite an overhead to me.
I did read about the carddav plugin on DoliStore, but I don’t know if that works well, and I don’t know if my ideas make sense in the first place, so I thought I should check with you before buying a module for that.

Thanks so much!

As nobody has replied so far, I must either be a pioneer or doing something insanely stupid - in the latter case please tell me so, anybody.

Kind regards!

I am afraid you have to type it in two times or indeed find a module that does this kind of job for you… Or a secretary :wink:

Hi @Dolisupport.nl Hans, thanks for your message and for making me feel a little bit more like a pioneer than insanely stupid.