Unable to Install Dolibarr on Linux mint cinnamon 20

Hi all,

I’m trying to install Dolibarr but I’m having some difficulties. I used the auto install package dolibarr_17.0.1-4_all.deb which seemed to be successful.

I then copied http://localhost/dolibarr/ into brave web browser and received a message to go to install page.

I followed the instructions and typed this into the browser http://localhost/dolibarr/install/ which resulted in the following;

This worked and I selected next step which displayed a prerequisite page that has two warnings.

‘Your PHP installation does not support Intl functions.’
'Your PHP installation does not support IMAP functions.

Not sure what to do about them or why they have occurred so I selected start and got a setup page. I followed the instructions and added a database password and selected next step.

Which then generated this error.

Dolibarr error

I went back and tried adding my root user password at the bottom of setup page but that didn’t work either.

I’m not sure what to do next as a google search and forum search hasn’t really helped although I have found the odd similar scenario but not really a solution.

Hoping someone here can help as I’m really keen to try this software. I did try adding additional images to but as a new user I can only have one.

Hello,

Have a look here : How to Install MySQL on Linux Mint 20 and Ubuntu 20.04?

Basically, you need to run “sudo mysql_secure_installation” to create mysql admin user.

Thank you. I tried your suggestion but apparently I don’t have MySQL and when I tried to install manually it failed due to unmet dependencies.

workhorse@workhorse-destop:~$ sudo apt install mysql-server
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
mysql-server : Depends: mysql-server-8.0 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
workhorse@workhorse-destop:~$ mysql --version
mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.38-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2
workhorse@workhorse-destop:~$ sudo systemctl status mysql
Unit mysql.service could not be found.
workhorse@workhorse-destop:~$ sudo systemctl status mysql
Unit mysql.service could not be found.

I’m fairly new to Linux and most software I have installed has been from the repository so haven’t got much of a clue at the moment when things do not work. Not sure where to go from here as I have uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing has changed.

Hello,

No clue, you should ask why mysql-server doesn’t want to be installed on Linux Mint forum.