Upcoming modules and Dolibarr Road Map

Hi, @ksar , @eldy

Do we have any document showcasing the dolibarr roadmap of upcoming modules comparing other similar ERPs…say for next three years…

Ofcourse, that may be draft and subject to change depending on market scenario or development requests by dolibarr analysts.

While this will avoid others putting effort on the same feature as redundant customizations and align on the complimentary services.

How does this work now please…?

Thanks and Regards,
yesbee

Hi if I am not wrong something should be on the wiki, but as far as I know most of development decisions are made by Eldy, and there were also Dolibarr meetings in the past, I dont know about it now during these pandemic days.

to my knowledge there is no roadmap and new features are “just coming up” as someone needs it.
This not really Enterprise-y and I think that is one big hurdle why Dolibarr will never be a bigger project.

I really like the access you have as a company with your own development resources but a bigger community with more users (companies) would be really good for the project.

What bugs me the most is that features are integrated but are never extended and polished to an extend that covers most use cases and even edge cases. Some features are just not usable in administrative structures that deviate from the narrow features set that is provided in some modules

Could you give an example or two?

Hello,
there is a roadmap Roadmap and Release 13.0.0 - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki
and @eldy held a webinar presenting v14 for developers Présentation de Dolibarr v14 Beta - Présentation pour la core team développement - YouTube

1 Like

Great information as usual. Glad to get the roadmap here. LOL!

The “Roadmap” is a changelog and no milestones for the coming 2,3 or 4 versions.
I will try to get into the presentation with the help of youtube subtitle translations.

But there is some kind of formal release cycle in professional software projects.
Dont get me wrong I am liking Dolibarr more and more. It is flexible as hell for me but consistency is what is need in corporate environments

Hello,

Yes and this is the principle of open source project : Volunteers can work on what they like/want and companies are paid by customer who needs additional things.

What you are telling is basically Dolibarr can not be a bigger project because it is not owned by a company ? Of course not !

Consistency is what Dolibarr integrators can provide, not Dolibarr itself has it is open source.

3 Likes