Upfront payment

Hi,

I can’t find the way how to add payment without invoice for exact customer.

Sometimes we take money upfront and invoice is issued later.
It would be good to know the status with the customer, how much he has payed and how much he still need to pay.

There is great page: Customer preview
It could show total debt or overpaid
And have option to add transaction, even if there is no invoice for it.

Hi,

Why don’t you want to make an invoice ?
Did you try the “deposit invoice” process ? Seems that it should cope with your need.

When you receive payment from customer so you should have an invoice against this payment, I think this is a basic accounting rule.

In my opinion to add a manual transaction in a bank account for recording a customer payment (so without link to the customer, future invoice…) is a very bad idea.

Rgds.

We are service company and we take upfront payments from customers that will get service in near future. So we can’t issue invoice if customer didn’t get service. And tracking of those overpayment would be great.

I tried to play with deposit invoice, but looks like that it’s not what I’m looking for as it takes common invoice number(some different numbering would be needed) and it can’t be converted to common invoice. It can be converted to some future discount.

It also means that you customers agree to send money without getting any invoice… good for you !

Frankly speaking I’m sorry to insist but “deposit invoice” process seems the most suitable.

You receive a payment then you make a deposit invoice… once service has been completed so you convert that deposit invoice in future discount.
Then you make a new regular invoice for the total amount of the service, in that invoice you deduct the discount so the amount to be paid (stated at the bottom of the regular invoice) will be the balance only.

You can follow up and track payments received per customers (deposits and settlements)…

Then try as well to play with the variable FACTURE_DEPOSITS_ARE_JUST_PAYMENTS as it will behave differently in your accounting (cf: http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Setup_Other#List_of_known_hidden_options)

If you’re not happy with that I wish someone else will propose another solution.

Regards.

Hi all,

See also the post #22500.

Notice that Deposit invoice is a good solution (very often used in the companies) as :
- The amount is well registered in the application
- The amount could be used to reduce the amount of any final invoice

BUT TAKE CARE THAT

The amount mentioned in the deposit invoice is an incoming amount of money
and must be mentionned WITHOUT ANY V.A.T (0% VAT) as this money received in advance could be used to reduce the total amount of the final invoice (which is VAT included).

This is very important
- to avoid to declare or pay VAT before the final invoice
- to avoid strange calculations in the final invoice according to the VAT.

I hope this additional information will help.

Best regards,

there is away to make it also with suplier?? when i have to pay in advenced without a invoice from him???