Upgrade suggestions wanted. Upgrading from version 3 to 16

After 2 days of not sleeping i found the table causing the issue llx_const

I am not sure i can tell what is causing that issue but that is for sure the culprit.

When i load that table it crashes the entire application. I can send it to you if you are curious.

Upgrading from such an ancient Dolibarr version has some challenges but they are manageble if you have the patience to upgrade using all the older versions for migration and NOT to upgrade with only the latest PHP-code. In the historic chain of upgrades some some erros exist.
We have done various migrations (v3.4.2 & up) several times succesfully and might be able to help you.
Just send a SQL-script of the original database and we will give it a try to help you out.

What is your email? Please shoot me one here: nicolas.zein at zeintek dot com

thank you so much.

The database backups seem to have been corrupted due to encoding issues so i am not sure what we can do. Let’s discuss this.

Hello Nicolas,

I think the problems are theme related. As you know the “Eldy” theme is the only official supported skin for the application. And after changing some data in the table “llx_const” (without truncating all the data), the application seems to work. But since I only got a SQL backup file, the external modules like the Patas tools and LDAP obviously don’t work.
When you have a look at https://union.dolibar.nl/ this represents the current state of the UI.
As an administrator you should be able to backup the database and restore it in your environment.
Hopefully you can continue working with this Dolibarr instance.

Brilliant it looks better than my version. I don’t see the table data to compare it to mine. Much appreciated. I have a list of upgrades we need to do, this would segway into a paying contract since you were so helpful. Thanks so much Theo.

No problem Nicolas. What you can do is take the table structure from a fresh v16.0.3 installation and generate a SQL backup on https://union.dolibar.nl/ [Admin Tools → Backup] and compare those two files. This should give you the correct information about differences in the data.
Btw: The SQL-backup can be restored on your Dolibarr V16.0.3 and will work correctly.

I’m confused. How do i login Theo? LDAP does not work on your instance. There is no way for me log in.

Can you please send the phpmyadmin sql export for that llx_const table manually?

I expected you to have credentials to login. Dolibarr authentication is active so you should be fine. Just sent you an admin login.

Very kind of you. Thank you Theo.

Unfortunately your version is corrupted like mine. If you look carefully when you navigate to the user icon on the top right you can no longer have the options show up to logoff or see your users options.

So there was an error with these 2 modules:

MAIN_MODULE_EXTERNALRSS
MAIN_OPTIMIZEFORTEXTBROWSER

rss had to be turned removed from the migration and optimize had to be turned off has it was the reason the avatar was buggy.

The Theme also had to be reset to eldy by default before the migration.

Thank you guys for your help.

1 Like

And more importantly the salt and encryption variables which i can’t remember right now. But those were critical.

Corrupted is not the correct word because the SQL-file is congruent and (re)usable. The llx_const table just held some theme-data (Business) which we changed to the “Eldy” theme. A simple diff of the content and the data of a fresh installation would have set you on the right track for completion as we mentioned before,
I’m glad that your problem is solved,

Ok gotcha Theo. Much appreciated. I am opening a new ticket as I now have an error related to tables that are present but that the Eldy theme does not seem to be able to find.