Using dolibarr to upgrade our inventory system

Hello everyone.

I would just like to ask if dolibarr could be a good fit for our current Inventory System.

So here’s the setup. We have internal people managing the products needed inside our organization, now every process have stock in and stock out. For example in a warehouse called container van there will be an inventory officer which monitors the list of stocks in an office, this officer is also responsible for reminding other offices when we’re running out of stocks for a specific office. (Ex. Finance Office - The people in finance would request for bond papers, the request will be handled to the inventory officer and that person should log the request as a stock out request)

Any tips on how to properly modify each setup so that we could match dolibarr’s functions to our needs, so that every transaction would be finesse?

Thank you so much.

Hej renze,

it’s hard to say how Dolibarr has to be handeled to fulfill exactly your needs. We should have to see your business and your workflows.
But what i can say from the distance:
Dolibarr is able to monitor warehouse receipts and warehouse shippings. If you have set the min. number of goods in every product it can show you which product runs out of stock (and therefore has to be ordered). You can have multiple warehouses in Dolibarr, and Dolibarrs shows in the product view how many stock is available per warehouse. If you have set a standard supplier for a product you can create orders for this products from the list of missing stock.

i hope this helps a little ?

regards
Stefan

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your kind response, well the main objective is that I would just like to see if I can use Dolibarr not for business purposes but to use it as a tracker whether we are running out of stock of the products that our internal people are using. In the said matter, the concept is somewhat like this ERP will be used as a centralized system which will be used by the people inside the organization as a tool to make requests for stock in and stock out purposes.

Example: There will be a user (housekeeping) that will request for a material (Cleaning materials) from our inventory. That will serve as a stock out log. And then when the stocks are running out, the inventory officer would perhaps request for a stock in. Everything goes just like that and quite frankly the workflow looks just like that for inventory system.

The only concern I am having is that what module of Dolibarr should we really focus on, in order for us to get the core function that would match our system. (from my perspective it goes only like this - we have a warehouse full of stocks and product for our organizations which are consumed internally so everything is not for sale, but of course these materials run out - so we gotta purchase) We just like to monitor every stock in and stock out of our materials.

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your time engaging on my post.
Kindest regards,

renze

Hej Renze,

what you are looking for is a simple WMS (warehouse management system). I guess your needs will be fulfilled by the integrated WMS of Dolibarr. As far as i understand you, you just have products coming in and out, not for sale, but for internal use. So it’s just a simple receiving and shipping of goods.
The whole system will live or die with the people to feed it. If your goods are just taken out of the warehouse without shippment, then you will never have an overview about what still is on stock. That means, your employees will have to create a shipment if they take products out of the warehouse and to create a receiving if products are delivered. And someone has to book it, so the products are booked out. Otherwise you will never have the correct number of products in your warehouse.

But - if the employees will do this you will be happy with Dolibarr. You can just try this out and simulate some actions (purchasing, shipping, doing an inventory, loss of products and so on). And if you are happy give Dolibarr a try :+1:

regards
Stefan

1 Like

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much, your response helps a lot. It’s much clearer now that we should focus on modules like purchasing, shipping, inventory, and so on. Perhaps I’ll just start off by giving users some permissions and roles first.

Kindest regards,
renze

Hej Renze,

you’re welcome.

When i started with Dolibarr i created a test system and did some business cases like creating some products, creating a purchase order, booking a purchase invoice, performing a warehouse receipt, perfoming a warehouse shipment, creating a reverse invoice and so on. Dolibarr has of course some limitations, but i could live with that.

I would recommend you to test some business cases and then decide if Dolibarr fits your needs.

regards
Stefan