Version 12.0.2 does not show Upgrade Button

Hi,

I am new in Dolibarr. We had installed Ver. 12.0.2 using BITNAMI Stack in an Windows Box. It was working fine but now taking to the automatic Upgrade page when we go to the application with a message to remove “install.lock” file to perform upgrade. The message is shown below:

The application tried to self-upgrade, but the install/upgrade pages have been disabled for security (by the existence of a lock file install.lock in the dolibarr documents directory).
If you always reach this page, you must remove install.lock file manually.

When I have removed/renamed the “install.lock” file, its now going to next stage but showing me everything grayed out and I do not see any Start button to proceed. Am I missing anything here? Will Dolibarr upgrade automatically from this page my application is showing by default or I need to download version 12.0.3 and reinstall/upgrade on my own? Lastly, is it possible I do not upgrade now to 12.0.3 and keep my system stable as it is?

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry for long paragraph.

–Bikash Mandal

Hi, you need your old conf.php file, so Dolibarr can see your current database. Hope you have saved that file.

Yes, I do have the copy of entire installation, database everything. I installed Dolibarr using BITNAMi Dolibarr Installation Stack. Should I just I just make the conf.php file writebale and try again or I should downloaded DoliWamp 12.0.3 and install it fresh from within my Windows Server box?

Hi, I don’t know if you have this problem still. You should replace the conf.php with your conf.php from backup. In the conf.php is the autorisation for your database. Is your database still in place?

Another possibility is…
-Export old database
Clean install as a new installion with new database
Remove lock file
-import old database in new database
run setup.
–>In this case you don’t have to worry about the config, but is somewhat more complicated.

Thanks a lot. I have copy of old conf.php file. Let me try that route first.

Have a blessed day.

When I tried that I still get the same page. Sending a screen shot.

Looks like OK for now. Please, next action is to change the permission of your config file to write acces!

Ok thanks a lot. Trying to do it now and updating you soon.

My system is with Windows Server 2016 Box. I changed the permission to Full control for the file conf.pho under C:\Bitnami\dolibarr-12.0.2-0\apps\dolibarr\htdocs\conf Folder. I Changed to Full control for Users group. As shown in the picture below. But still its taking me to same page.

Here is what it is taking me the first time.

When I am clicking it it is taking to the page as shown below:

Maybe another option is to use the new conf.php and paste the content of the old conf.php into the new one if you can’t get the permissions right.