What does 'Representative following-up customer invoice' and 'Customer service contact' do?

Hi,

Within the Invoice page, you can click on the Contacts/addresses tab to see a few options.

First you see a Users|Contacts/Addresses section and then you see a Contact role section.

Beneath the Contact role section are two drop down menus, one for your company as a third party and one for the client company as a third party.

Here are the options you have and what they do as far as I know at the moment:

Your company contact role:

1. Representative following-up customer invoice = I have no idea what this does, I have tested it, but cannot see an action it performs.

Third party contact role:

1. Customer invoice contact = The first contact you add to this role will be added to an Attention line on your invoice - great feature! The others you add after the first, I have no idea what this does (you can add multiple customer invoice contacts).

2. Customer service contact = I have no idea what this does, I have tested it, but cannot see an action it performs.

3. Customer shipping contact = I have no idea what this does, I have tested it, but cannot see an action it performs.

If anybody can shed light on the actions I cannot account for, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

I did some more testing and discovered:

Representative following-up customer invoice = If you enable Sales Representative on the PDF (you can do this via the Setup module > PDF), the user you select will show up on the invoice as SaleRepresentative: User.

Customer shipping contact = If one of the contacts you add to a third party also has an address on their profile, after enabling the Show Shipping Address on Invoice option (Setup Module > PDF), that address will show up rather than the company address.

**Customer service contact ** = I still don’t know about this one, tested many different scenarios (Sending emails, enabling PDF options etc) and I see no functionality that this provides. One thing that happens is the contacts that have been added to the invoice under one of the aforementioned categories will have on their profile ‘Invoice’s contact: n’. It doesn’t create a link however, it just shows a number.