What resources to look at for development?

Hi

We are planning to develop and very extensive TIme Keeping module, that will also communicate with external real time clocks, our plan will also be to release this as a module that can be downloaded and used in verify levels of needs.

Is this the only document for development?https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Developer_documentation#Coding_rules_and_best_practices

We will also want to connect an external site to Dolibarr, so i assume this link has everything?

Ive had a quick look at https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Developer_documentation#Coding_rules_and_best_practices however the first item i tried to find which was the user color, doesnt seem to be listed in the user table, so is this document up to date?

Cant find color in this table : https://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Table_llx_user

Many Thanks

Hi,
in the latest versions, the “color” column is present in the llx_user table.
For documentation it seems to me that you are looking at the right links

Marcello

We are also looking at tracking out times with rfid tag readers for check in and out.
Maybe we can work together.

I have invested some time into understanding the dolibarr structure to create useful extensions.
The documentation is very spars and the code base is not very modern.
But it is a big system and bugfixes and features are always welcome to the project.

So let’s talk about collaborating on this if you like

1 Like

It appears the table listing fields in the Wiki are old and do not have all the tables listed
 we have found just about all we need, we are embarking on development starting next week.

Hi

I have a developer on board (starting Monday 12 Oct) who will be taking my design and squirting in to php. Our aim is to get the timesheets working by 2021, then likely a payroll module to pay staff based on the time sheets.

Depending on money and the Covid issue, we will then look at getting hardware RFID timeclocks in to the system with full management from the module itself (likely Q2/3 2021), we are still looking for suitable clocks that dont demand a rental fee as most seem to use there own cloud based system, we are trying to negate that route.

2 Likes

Hello GRIFFCOMM,
interesting application. Your idea is to sync the clock of your RFID receiver items (don’t know the right term, the thing people hold their key close enough to get the ‘beep’)?
You can’t use a NTP server?
Surprisingly, Dolibarr has more prepared than one would think at first. Maybe you can use something already available? Agenda Module for time sheets? Salaries Module for payroll?

The RFID readers are the clocks, the plan is to control those from the app

NTP is “Network Time Protocol” so that wont have anything to do with it.

1 Like

How did it go? Any updates?

Hi, we ran though a number of staff, all departing the company not creating any PHP code, the assumption being they were unable too !

The project is still live, however i will be writing the software myself, although i have developed in PHP its not a native language so its put the project back many months, but it is still live, and has a lot more wish list items since its start. I am currently working on a PHP project for some hardware which will give me a solid grounding to move on to this project.

We have however managed to create the license key methods (free editions will be available, for larger usage ranges it will be license driven). We also have most of the screen layouts designed for the actual TimeSheet system including the invoicing page methods (for those that require invoices from time logged (like consultancies as we are). It will also be “multi admin” compliant so invoices can be generated while others are managing the system while looking at the same time entries.

Although Timesheets will be the first, we are also looking at RFID readers for staff log in / out, ID card printers for printing the RFID cards for staff, which we plan to include label printing for other aspects of the ERP like projects and serial number tracking for hardware, all hardware (Timeclocks, card / label printers) all managed from the central Dolibarr web engine).

Many Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for the thorough update :slight_smile:
Have you considered breaking the project down in tasks and outsource them to say upwork.com? I have hired a very skilled python programmer for a specific task a few times with a very fast turnaround and a very good experience.

Alot of the work done in house normally results in liking the code created locally, mostly as we can build in future enhancements that may not be used and not needing a total re-write. Only self contained code could be sent out (such as coding required to do something that will likely never change or has no issue in paying to have all the code changed).

We will however look at that for another small project we have.

1 Like

I wish you very good luck with your project :slight_smile:

ANY NEWS ON RFID? We would love to purchase the add on

Nothing (yet), it is however on the live system to be created, but is below other projects that are required before this, that said its likely the code used in the existing projects being worked on, would be re-used for the time tracking for this app.