WHY DO USERS QUESTIONS DON'T GET ANSWERED?

There are many questions that remain unanswered in this forum either ever or after a long time. I understand that users voluntarily give solutions to problems but the Dolibarr Developers must be active on all forums and must give a solution to users problems if they have not been answered satisfactorily otherwise then what’s the point of these forums? :confused: :dry:

1 Like

I read these forums to butt a little is answered.

I would love to reply to the questions butt as a newbie I don’t know the answers :unhappy:

Dolibarr is a great project!

1 Like

Reliz,
As a user on this forum it is voluntary whether you answer or not. We are helping each other out which is great. I feel Dolibarr developers/creators must address these issues and provide a solution.

hello, i’ve just read all unanswered posts and answered a couple of them, but most of them are either not “understandable”, either lacking personal search before posting :wink:

Altatof,
Yes that is true many are not understandable especially from users who are not fluent with the English language, however many posts are clear yet remain unanswered.

If you get the feeling that someone did not search for the question. You can address that and point the user to the correct direction.

Also I see only 1 person comitting to the github project. So how many developers had the project?

Hi. All is voluntary. My language is Spanish, I spend sometime answering in dolibarr.es forum. You have to answer questions, and not make questions. Give thanks to developers and users that spend time reading ans answering.
Bye.

2 Likes

Hi,

The issue is that there isn’t much core developers (maybe 5 and they are French or spanish, i.e active on other board) so most of the people replying to the questions are either integrator, Dolibarr partner, module developer or just users but none of those has a deep knowledge in all dolibarr funtions. meaning some question are more unlikly to get answers

About user education I don’t think a RTFM reply will please or educate the sender;

Finally, there is a wiki which is poorly maintain because of the lack of people submitting update; did you send some about your knowledge on Dolibarr ?

Br

1 Like

Many people read the forum I am sure,
very few answer to questions
even if answer is known,
lack of time or consideration for the person asking a very simple question, to avoid reading all documentation.

Also, developers are on github, users help each other in the forums and can report “bugs” (not questions) to developers via the github.

hi
i come from the dolibarr.fr forum and I had to re-register to this forum to could answer :woohoo: :side: :whistle: :pinch:

HubZ delcroip altatof the frenchies :lol:

altatof
chercher on veut bien encore faudrait il avoir des outils efficaces

si tu fait une recherche dans le titre de sujet avec le forum
il va te rapporter 20 resultats pour un sujet avec 20 reponses

pas de tags sur le forum (merci kinena)
pas d alerte qd un sujet t interrese par son mot clé

un forum dont certaines parties sont inaccessibles sans raison

delcroip
certaines questions sont plus unlikly pour obtenir des réponses

d accord avec toi
mais si on disait comment demander de l aide en post it sur les forums?

À propos de la formation des utilisateurs Je ne pense pas qu’une réponse RTFM puisse plaire ou éduquer l’expéditeur;
200% avec toi

Enfin, il y a un wiki qui est mal maintenu à cause du manque de personnes soumettant la mise à jour; en as-tu envoyé sur tes connaissances sur Dolibarr?
Pareil je veux bien aider mais faut me dire comment
Dois je poster n importe quoi sur le wiki pour que ce soit supprimé ?

HubZ
très peu de réponses aux questions
même si la réponse est connue,
manque de temps ou de considération pour la personne posant une question très simple, pour éviter de lire toute la documentation.

Il est sur que qd tu galere pendant des jours pour trouver ou pas un soluce des fois tu n a pas envie de partager ta bidouille qui tient par du scotch
d autant que tu ne peux pas te permetttre d affirmer en tant que non dev que c est LA SOLUTION

les développeurs sont sur github, les utilisateurs s’entraident dans les forums
Sur que si chacun reste de son coté on va pas avancer
Maintenant je pense que c est aux devs de faire l effort de venir sur le forum nous dire sur quoi ils travaillent
Pas a l utilisateur lambda d aller sur github faire son commit

Ce qu il faudrait a mon avis de modeste utilisateur lambda
-des utilisateurs avertis qui puisse faire le pont entre le desir des utlisateurs et le boulot des devs ( comme dolibarr95 par exemple )
-des tutos A-Z sur comment aider la communauté ( traduire ;;;completer le wiki;; …)
-une classsification utilisateur des problemes et demandes de fonction
en cours / deja realise/ a faire plus tard / idee a retenir/ ideee rejete/ techniquement impossible/un module est deja fait pour ca

pm17,

You known that not everyone speak French , :happy:

to sum-up your points in order top improve the Forum/Dolibarr:
- have a clear community rules easily available on the forum:
- What need to be done before posting ( search, forum … )
- How a post should be redacted (info required and kind of message that should be on the forum and the kind that should be on the github)
- How to update the wiki
- Improve the forum
- same account across the forums
- search result sorted by subject
- Alert on Keyword
- allow tags
- Improve Dev visibility
- Product backlog
- Documentation of the approve and rejected idea (already “done” via the Git issue)

About the community Rules we can already create subject(s) and ask the admin to ‘pin’ them on the forum TOP

1 Like

AND ADD THE F*** EDIT function on the .org forum along with the acceptance of leading spaces in post :angry:

Hello

I have recently created this [url]www.dolibarr.org/t/post-guidelines/16873/1 which hopefully will encourage users to declare their environment, which should over time encourage better responses.

Over the course of using the forum, I find users complaining about issues or asking for advice but without sharing their set up information. Missing information can slow things down when replying and also discourage busy users from replying.

@delcroip I have looked into the forum settings and there is no way for me to enable an “EDIT” post function for all users.

Can somebody please try editing their OLD post now? I am hoping it now works as expected and everyone can edit their own posts.

Please confirm.

This is working !! :woohoo:

@aljawaid is my Hero :kiss:

Edit one day after : All good !

hehe, can you please try to edit your post after about 15 minutes? Then I will be sure it is working lol

Done, this is working !

1 Like

Hello everyone,

In line with the requests from this thread, I have created a [url=www.dolibarr.org/t/forum-rules/16891/1 Guidelines[/url] post. Kindly vote in the post if you found it useful.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to add.

Details about user rankings have also been added [url=www.dolibarr.org/t/user-profile-ranking/16922/1 [/url]. Please vote if you found it useful.

Is it possible for you to fix the (this) forum signature? It is not working as I add my signature it does not show. I wanted to add my enviroment info there