Workflow/process automation

Hi,
I’m new to Dolibar and try to make it fit our company workflow. My question is for the biggerst part related to PM so for that reason i post it in that category. I made a flow diagram of the company work flow to support my question(s).

How can i achieve the folowing in Dolibar:

• Dolibarr should create the “manufacturing orders” (draft) for all products with a BOM-list inside a validated “sales order”
    The manufacturing orders should linked to the same project and customer as the sales order.
  • Dolibarr sends out a notification to speficied users inside Dolibar or by e-mail when:
    • a new “sales order” is validated
    • a new “manufacturing order” is validated
    • a “manufacturing order” goes to status “produced”

Thanks in advance

First, you should activate the products module. Enter all of your products and the raw materials needed ( while creating new products you have 3 options - manufactured, raw material and none). For products you resell, just do not set anything i.e. none/blank choice.

Then, You have a BOM module. Once activated, you can make a BOM list for each product, using raw materials and/or other products stored in dolibarr.You can even use products with label NONE as a raw material.

Best part - for products you use only as a part of another product and are not sold separately, you can set NOT FOR SALE during product/material creation. This is good, as you can filter your products in list later by type for sale / not for sale i.e. easier management.

BOM and manufacturing orders can be accessed through the MRP menu in the header.

BOM can not be assigned to anything. However, you are able to create a manufacturing order and link it to a project. Bad thing is that I cannot see the option for automation i.e. auto-create MO(manufacturing order) on proposal/invoice validation.

Also, you can set minimum desired QTY for each product/material. Then, on main page you have a box that shows products/materials with low QTY and there is some semi-automation to create purchase order for all (didn’t used this for some time so can’t remember exactly how this was done).

I hope this helps you for start.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. It definitely contains some useful info for me but unfortunately it only “solves” a part of my question (“Bad thing is that I cannot see the option for automation i.e. auto-create MO”).

It would already help if i could send out notifications when a sales order is validated, a manufacturing order is validated and a manufacturing order goes to the status “produced”. This way we can use a workflow manually by just doing the correct actions at a notification. Continuously monitoring sales orders and manufacturing orders is not where unworkable for us.

Maybe there is a notification module available for Dolibarr which can handle such cases?

There is a default module called NOTIFICATIONS ON BUSINESS EVENT

Email notifications can be sent automatically for some Dolibarr events.
Recipients of notifications can be defined:

• per user, one user at a time.
  • per third-party contacts (customers or vendors), one contact at a time.
    or by setting global email addresses in this setup page.
2 Likes

Hello, you can try to develop using scheduled jobs and triggers.
Best regards,

This is only partially an solution as i for example want to notify the “packing department” when a “production” is finished. This option is not available in this module :frowning:

You can automate such event-based tasks by integrating ERP and CRM.