Adding Tickets module to external Dolibarr user

As per my posts under

I find that the ability to create external Dolibarr logins for Third Party contacts is very useful, where the security groups can then be used limit their access to menu options and actions. An external User is also limited to seeing records only where they are assigned to them, or are the original creators.

External users can be given/limited to certain Modules from the limited list they can access, but they cannot be given access to modules that are not within the modules that Third Party contacts with a Dolibarr login are limited to.
Currently external Third Party contacts with a Dolibarr login only have access to:
Users & Groups, Members, Third Parties, Sales Orders, Invoices, Vendors, Projects or Leads, Events/Agenda, Resources, Tags/Categories, Vendor Commercial Proposals, Receptions, Shipments, Interventions, Contracts/Subscriptions, Unalterable Archives

I believe that external users with a Dolibarr login should be able to access the Ticket module, since they may also be customers, and the Tickets may relate to projects, for example, yet currently the Ticket Module is not accessible by external Dolibarr logins - they only have access to tickets with limited functionality within the Ticket portal.

Can someone guide me in the direction as to what files would need to be modified to achieve this objective? I get the sense that including the Ticket module for external contacts with a Dolibarr login would be the more convenient, consistent and faster way to create a uniform experience for external customer contacts. There may also be a case for including access to additional modules for external contacts with a Dolibarr user login, especially if a third-party/contact can be assigned.

I wanted to add that I find that the Ticket Portal is very useful for external users to create and post messages, upload files, related to tickets, without having to use a Dolibarr login user ID.

There are a few minor things which can be improved in the Ticket Portal, to allow greater visibility with regards to the Tickets created by the external user.

Any thoughts

I think you need to at least change files under this folder

Thank you! I’m new to this, and will be setting up a Dev environment as per the wiki page

Overall, I believe that setting up the ability for external users to have access to additional modules will help to extend collaboration with third parties to a greater extent, with full functionality of the modules, while limiting access to only those records that are related to the third party.