Bug: Security token has expired

Based on documentation I have read the feature for CSRF TOKEN verification is not complete. There was a report that stated upgrading to version 13.0.1 fixes the problem in the screenshot below, but it did not. There was also a post that stated setting $dolibarr_nocsrfcheck to ‘1’ in conf/conf.php fixes the problem, but it does not.

The following bug-fix provides the list of files and the differences I made to resolve the issue.

In a nutshell the problem is:

A. Multiple files define the constant ‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’ as ‘1’.
B. The main.inc.php asserts CSRF CHECK logic whenever ‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’ is defined and DOES NOT consider the value for the constant.

In a nutshell my temporary solution is:

A. Everywhere ‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’ is defined change the setting to ‘0’.
B. Update the main.inc.php conditions for applying the CSRF logic to additionally require that the value of CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN is not empty. (@see DIFF below)

===========
Bug-fix

modified:   admin/modules.php
modified:   core/ajax/constantonoff.php
modified:   main.inc.php
modified:   user/perms.php

==========
DIFF

diff --git a/htdocs/admin/modules.php b/htdocs/admin/modules.php
index 56b6e6e1f0…8b1a8ea15a 100644
— a/htdocs/admin/modules.php
+++ b/htdocs/admin/modules.php
@@ -29,7 +29,7 @@
*/

if (!defined(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’)) {

•   define('CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN', '1'); // Force use of CSRF protection with tokens even for GET

•   define('CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN', '0'); // Force use of CSRF protection with tokens even for GET

}

require ‘…/main.inc.php’;
diff --git a/htdocs/core/ajax/constantonoff.php b/htdocs/core/ajax/constantonoff.php
index a530bea092…751aca0202 100644
— a/htdocs/core/ajax/constantonoff.php
+++ b/htdocs/core/ajax/constantonoff.php
@@ -26,7 +26,7 @@ if (!defined(‘NOREQUIREHTML’)) define(‘NOREQUIREHTML’, ‘1’);
if (!defined(‘NOREQUIREAJAX’)) define(‘NOREQUIREAJAX’, ‘1’);
if (!defined(‘NOREQUIRESOC’)) define(‘NOREQUIRESOC’, ‘1’);
if (!defined(‘NOREQUIRETRAN’)) define(‘NOREQUIRETRAN’, ‘1’);
-if (!defined(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’)) define(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’, ‘1’); // Token is required even in GET mode
+if (!defined(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’)) define(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’, ‘0’); // Token is required even in GET mode

require ‘…/…/main.inc.php’;
require_once DOL_DOCUMENT_ROOT.’/core/lib/admin.lib.php’;
diff --git a/htdocs/main.inc.php b/htdocs/main.inc.php
index 78ed3d82bd…7758465420 100644
— a/htdocs/main.inc.php
+++ b/htdocs/main.inc.php
@@ -427,8 +427,9 @@ if (!defined(‘NOTOKENRENEWAL’))
//$dolibarr_nocsrfcheck=1;
// Check token
if ((!defined(‘NOCSRFCHECK’) && empty($dolibarr_nocsrfcheck) && !empty($conf->global->MAIN_SECURITY_CSRF_WITH_TOKEN))

•   || defined('CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN'))     // Check validity of token, only if option MAIN_SECURITY_CSRF_WITH_TOKEN enabled or if constant CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN is set into page

•   || ( defined('CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN') && ! empty(CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN) ) )       // Check validity of token, only if option MAIN_SECURITY_CSRF_WITH_TOKEN enabled or if constant CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN is set into page

{
+
// Check all cases that need a token (all POST actions, all actions and mass actions on pages with CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN set, all sensitive GET actions)
if ($_SERVER[‘REQUEST_METHOD’] == ‘POST’ ||
((GETPOSTISSET(‘action’) || GETPOSTISSET(‘massaction’)) && defined(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’)) ||
diff --git a/htdocs/user/perms.php b/htdocs/user/perms.php
index 68238b63c2…5fa2b47e38 100644
— a/htdocs/user/perms.php
+++ b/htdocs/user/perms.php
@@ -26,7 +26,7 @@

•         \brief          Page to set permission of a user record

*/

-if (!defined(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’)) define(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’, ‘1’); // Force use of CSRF protection with tokens even for GET
+if (!defined(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’)) define(‘CSRFCHECK_WITH_TOKEN’, ‘0’); // Force use of CSRF protection with tokens even for GET

require ‘…/main.inc.php’;
require_once DOL_DOCUMENT_ROOT.’/core/lib/usergroups.lib.php’;

The tokens are also killing me.
I just deactivate the checks in the ‘main.inc.php’ for the moment.

I am having problems identifying which custom modules (or even core files) are invalidating the tokens all the time

Hi!

I had as well that problem. I realised it is linked to custom modules. Be sure you are updated to the last version of custom modules, 100% compatible with Dolibarr 13.

2Webmail and Google, for example, might create this warning if not updating to 13 and using 13.

Hope it helps!

i know that the tokens are broken (have issues with tokens) in many custom modules.
But it takes time to debug all these issues…

There should be better debug data for token issues