Can't disable install tools after upgrade to 16 "UPDATED"

Tried to upgrade from v15 to v16 following the steps provided and now I can’t get it off the install screen, algo I got:
Latest version upgrade: 16.0.0 - Version program: 17.0.0-alpha

I installed the 16 stable version and now i asking to install the 17 alpha version, tried to install it to see if that fixes my problem but got this error:

Error DB_ERROR_CANNOT_ADD_FOREIGN_KEY_CONSTRAINT: ALTER TABLE llxdo_element_categorie ADD CONSTRAINT fk_element_categorie_fk_categorie FOREIGN KEY (fk_categorie) REFERENCES llxdo_fk_categorie(rowid);
Cannot add foreign key constraint

I need to create some proposals and I’m stuck, please help.

UPDATE: Reinstall Dolibarr 16 and now my user password doesnt work.

I get this error when I enter my correct username and password:
Unknown column ‘u.note’ in ‘field list’

I have same problem but try server is working and that is install with Ubuntu 22.04 from start my normal server have started with 18.04 → 20.04 → 22.04 and that give same error as you have. Tomorrow i will try to re install my old server with Ubuntu 22.04 hope that will work

1 Like

Let me know if that helps, will keep trying to figure out how to fix it, right now I just can’t login, like there’s a column missing in the users table

I have now install Ubuntu as a new install and re install Dolibarr v16 this have solved problem for me it is running like before

Does this fix the DB but don’t lose the actuall data?

I just tried a fresh install and got another errors on the table, I think I wll try creating a complete new DB

I got this error:

Create foreign keys and indexes for table llx_element_categorie.key
Request 653 : ALTER TABLE llxdo_element_categorie ADD CONSTRAINT fk_element_categorie_fk_categorie FOREIGN KEY (fk_categorie) REFERENCES llxdo_fk_categorie(rowid) SQL Error DB_ERROR_CANNOT_ADD_FOREIGN_KEY_CONSTRAINT Cannot add foreign key constraint

i have always a backup from before upgrade and i normal try upgrade my test server and then i know when i install my backup and file backup from main server on test server and upgrade works i will always have the chance to go back.
I can see it mysql you have install that one have had problems with on ubuntu 22.04 so i use mariaDB instead

Just reinstalled 15.0.3 version and replaced DB and got this error when trying to login

Unknown column ‘u.note’ in ‘field list’

Dont know what that mean or how to fix it, please help, need to get this back online ASAP

Hello,

This means that the note column doesn’t exist in llx_user table.
Most probably it is due to the fact that your DB is now in V17 : In V17, the note has been rename to note_private

Using a V17 Database with V15 program won’t work.

1 Like

I just wanted to update to the newer version but I messed it up, now I have a backed up database that has a user table with a column note_private and my system is looking for a note column.

If I change the column name will fix this? or there’s a lot other column names that has been changed?

Or, how can I change my backed database V17 to V15 so the system can read all of this info (after that I will try to update to the newer Dolibarr version again)

UPDATE: Just renamed the note_private column with note and is working ok, now I would like to update to the newer version but i am scared lol

Hello,

Before doing any update/upgrade : BACKUP is mandatory !

If you do not have a database backup before the upgrade, I would recommend you to :

1. install V16 program
  2. Revert the database changes that has been done by V17 : dolibarr/16.0.0-17.0.0.sql at develop · Dolibarr/dolibarr · GitHub

V17 is not stable at all, so should not be used.

my backed up database is already on v17, is there a way to downgrade to v16?

The only way to revert to V16 is to revert the changes made by this script : dolibarr/16.0.0-17.0.0.sql at develop · Dolibarr/dolibarr · GitHub

Just went manually over that script and created a new one that reverts all of the changes from that file and looks like it worked ok, the only thing is that when I updated to Dolibarr v16 the top dashboard info is missing, I am not sure this can be repaired since some of the data was deleted when the DB was updated to v17 and I don’t know exactly what table is the one with that data, please let me know if this can be fixed (attached an image from the before and after of the missing data).

At least I didn’t lost all of the info from my system