Custom fields with buttons and event

I would like to know how to create custom fields for a third-party area and place a button in front of the field and when you click that button, fill in the corresponding field.

Is it possible to do this without breaking future upgrades?

I added some Complementary Attributes to my thirdparties and they remained when I upgraded from 18.0.2 to 18.0.3.

Home, Setup, Modules/Application, search for “third” and click the cogwheel for settings. Then I select the Complemntary attributes tab. I currently have 4 and I’m using 3 of those.

1 Like

Hi, I also have some custom fields, and they work very well, what I wanted now was to put a button to call a function in front of this field.

I wanted to do something like the attached image

could you deeplink to that function such that it is just clicking a link?

else I think you need to develop your own module using the MODULE AND APPLICATION BUILDER

I didn’t quite understand what you first suggested.

about creating new modules, would it be left off this screen?
I wanted everything to stay here.

Looking at the screen where I add the extra fields I couldn’t find a place to add buttons and functions, would there be something like that?

I have never created a new module so I do not know where it will be placed.

The Complementary attributes does not really seem to add a button, but depending on what exactly you want to do, maybe you can “coax” Dolibarr into doing what you want or something very similar.

I still don’t know what it is you want that button to do.

the button must be cofigurable, it can be a calculation, it can be a request in an api that returns some information to the field, or anything that a button can do.

You can perhaps use the “Computed field” ?

but other than that I think you need to develop your own module.