Dolibarr ERP basics course

Hello Everyone,

I have been following this awesome forum since I first was introduced to Dolibarr, which was about a year and a half now.
This forum was a huge help for me in many aspects while using Dolibarr. After I started using Dolibarr, I struggled at first honestly, due to lack of Dolibarr structured documentations. I found my self many times forced to go and search for the information and I always started here in this forum.
After I saw the potentials of Dolibarr and how good the system is, I started recommending it for my friends, who in many cases came back to me asking for many issues they are facing.
For that I took the decision to create a course, a course that covers the basics of Dolibarr to get started with the system. a course that took me a lot of effort and time to build.
I made the course with 50+ lectures and 4 hours of information and resources, so anyone use it will be prepared for the basic start with Dolibarr ERP.

I uploaded the course into Udemy platform and as way to say thank you for everyone in this forum I made a discount coupon to have the course at the lowest price that Udemy offers which is 9.99.
ERP System for free: Dolibarr ERP, Basic Business Management

you can share the code with any one by using the following link:
https://www.udemy.com/dolierp1/?couponCode=DOLIBARR

Thank you

2 Likes

Good job Bachar.

Note that the Dolibarr foundation has launched a project to create an online MOOC courses few weeks ago. And we plan to have the course working on our own platform (hosted by the Dolibarr foundation). We decided to do release a free course in future because we think a course is required to help people to adopt Dolibarr project. So the foundation started this project few weeks ago. We were not aware of your own project. We hope to have the foundation Dolibarr MOOC available in less than 6 month.

Content of course will be Open Source too so everybody will be able to enhance it but it will probably not be as rich as yours because it will not contains any video and yours does (only text, FAQ, Questions) and seems already well structured. Also our version will be done initially in French but translatable, and yours is in English (another good point for your version).
Because we believe in Open Source and in the power of the choice for user, we will probably refer to your own work once the “official light courses” will be available. We will promote all existing courses on Dolibarr official web sites. Knowing that there is other version available with video content, we will refer to your udemy version, if you agree, on our website on the area (not yet available) for “online courses”…

2 Likes

Hello Eldy,
Thanks for your kind reply,
Dolibarr deserve more, it’s such an awesome ERP system,
for me it’s an honor that my course will be referred to by your website, and sure I will agree on that.
and as a gift I will keep the coupon code valid as long as possible, so any one interested can get started with Dolibarr.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Eldy

To start thank you very much for realizing this project
These 6 months will be very long to me :tongue:

Isnt it possible to put the school online before ?
I undertand the courses take time to be added but if the school be open before we can begin to subscribe…

I would like to know which LMS you will use …
just to be able to create lessons on the good format/type

About translations courses … what will be the process ? Transifex ?

Could it be possible to have a course about the extrafields ?

Thanks in advance

Nice to hear , yes Transifex is the way to go and pretty easy too.

Up

The LMS will be Moodle.
Process for translation is not yet defined.
We do our best to put the LMS online as soon as ready. But we can’t do it before. Sorry.

1 Like

Hi.
A first prototype of a course is available, in French, on the new Dolibarr academy platform at https://courses.dolibarr.org

Feedbacks are welcome.

But we are already ready to add any courses that is complete and in any language if the course is provided into the SCORM format. For the moment, only public/free courses can be provided on this platform…

2 Likes

Hi eldy
Are new courses planned shortly?

To which email should we send the files ?

Thanks

You can send files to
contact@dolibarr.org
CC: eldy@destailleur.fr

1 Like

Hi eldy
Are new courses planned shortly?

There is no new courses planned for the moment.