[ECD] Folder permissions per user group or role

Hi all,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction with this. I am looking for a setting or solution in Dolibarr with which certain users are blocked from access from certain folders in the Document Management System (ECM).

Example:

• User Group 1 can access folders 1 and 2
  • User Group 2 can access folders 2 and 3
  • User Group 3 can access folders 1 and 4

Now, the user is an external person representing a company and I think the best role is either ‘member’ or ‘3rd party’ for this. However, I can’t seem to find a way to limit access to folders in the DMS/ECM module.

The users only have downloading rights in the folders, no uploading/modifying/etc.

Is there a solution for this with Dolibarr? And if not, do you know of an alternative? I mainly want to use it for giving access to documents (PDF).

For me it looks like there is no sophisticated permissions and sharing management possible. It’s only accessible for your Dolibarr users and they can always see all documents if they have general permissions.

From the doc it also sounds as it was mainly meant for browsing generated documents.

Document Management System / Electronic Content Management. Automatic organization of your generated or stored documents. Share them when you need.

User documentation - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki

If you want to share files with external partners it may make sense to configure the webserver to expose some of these document directories via SFTP with user/password protection?

Hello,

The actual GED module is not that advanced on permissions.
I don’t know an external module that allows that neither…