Enhancements and Collaborative Input for the Asset Module Upgrade

Hello everyone,

We are currently enhancing the Asset module to incorporate new features and transition it from the development stage to the experimental phase.

With this objective in mind, we will be posting all ongoing proposals and improvements here and in the discussion tab of the wiki page. This post has been created to encourage a more in-depth exchange, and we welcome any contributions.

Feel free to share your suggestions or needs related to asset management here or in the discussion tab of the wiki page dedicated to the module.

In the dedicated wiki page for the module, you can find all the necessary steps to activate it.
Lien Wiki Module Asset

I could certainly see a value in supporting QR/BAR codes or RFID on each asset for faster and easy identification.

Implementation wise, would it make sense to use a ULID? GitHub - ulid/spec: The canonical spec for ulid

Process:

Receiving some assets, that is then linked to a purchase order. All assets are filled into Dolibarr and a QR or BAR code is printed and attached to the object. At the same time all possible QR, bar codes and similar on the asset is also scanned and registered into dolibarr. Serial numbers. Pictures of the object.

I might want to link the asset with a user, like a monitor that the user has at home for working from home.

Location of where the asset is would be nice too.

assets linked to other assets, like you buy extra ram or disk that you put into a server. But it could also tools kept in a tool box. Or a car for that matter.

I could perhaps see a value in being able to link an asset to an intervention?