"Impossible to Generate Credit Notes" Issue in Dolibarr[solved]

Hello Dolibarr Users,

I’m excited to share a recent journey we undertook to tackle a pressing issue that emerged in Dolibarr, affecting our ability to generate credit notes efficiently, especially for those who have been using the system since version 16 and up to version 18.0.3.

The Challenge: Our team noticed a significant difficulty in issuing credit notes from existing invoices in Dolibarr. This was particularly problematic when dealing with a large number of invoices - think in the range of 15,000! The system was slow and presented difficulties beyond processing 3,000 invoices, causing not only delays but also dolibarr stoppages and making it impossible to issue a credit note.

Understanding the Problem: It became clear that the way Dolibarr was handling these tasks wasn’t quite up to speed for such heavy loads. This wasn’t just a technical glitch but a real hindrance in our day-to-day work, affecting our ability to serve our clients efficiently.

Our Approach to a Solution: To solve this, we rolled up our sleeves and made some adjustments to the Dolibarr system, specifically in the version 18.0.3. We focused on making the process of handling invoices and generating credit notes faster and more reliable. This meant making sure that the system didn’t have to work as hard to fetch information it frequently used and ensuring that it didn’t stumble when dealing with large numbers of invoices.

Result and Sharing: The good news is that these changes have made a world of difference! Generating credit notes, even with thousands of invoices, has become much smoother and quicker. If you’re facing similar challenges in your Dolibarr system and are interested in how we improved things, I’m more than happy to share our updated script. Just drop me a message, and I’ll get it to you.

Together, we can make Dolibarr work better for all of us.

why not submit it here Pull requests · Dolibarr/dolibarr · GitHub