Link Knowledge base articles to other things

Good day,

Is there I way we can link knowledge base articles to invoice templates, or to suppliers/customers?
For our use case this would be very handy.

you could perhaps use a Complementary Attribute and a computed field?

Hi,
there is a way to add links to your customers and suppliers, even to invoices

well, if someone buys something from you they become a customer and get an invoice…

So that would be one link, but did you mean an URL? like this one?
`Link Knowledge base articles to other things - #3 by Plows

Hi,
do you need the link for internal use (inside of dolibarr) or for your customers/suppliers for example on a PDF Invoice?
With “link” i meant also “URL”, each knowledge base Artikel is accessible with a link (URL), maybe i understand your need with an example?

@Jochen what kind of link do you mean?

Hi All,

I’m aware I can add links on several places. Links hower are “dumb” in the way that they are external to the system.
If I add a knowledge base item to a Invoice, or customer. And I go to the knowledge base item, I cannot see where it’s being linked from.
If at some point I wish to invalidate the knownledge base item. it remains linked/active everywhere it was linked.
I was hoping I could add knowledge base items in a relational way. So I could go in all directions, see where it’s linked etc.

Hi Jochen,
i am a little confuse about the purpose, could you give some examples for the need, of links vice versa from invoices / customers to the knowledge base, are the links/url for your employee or even the end customers?

Ofcourse, some of the reasons (in our env):
We have no external access to dolibarr, so it’s internal use only.

• I would like to link KB items to suppliers, to further define how to interact with the supplier/order stuff/follow up on warranty etc.
  • For (template) invoices, I would also like to add KB articles. This would help the person doing the invoice on how to do certains “complicated” items on the invoices.
1 Like

Hi Jochen,
The links or URL are not dumb, they could be external or internal, your dolibarr, which you tell is only internal is also reachable with a link or URL, every module or kb knowledge base is reachable with a link or Url (its the same), so you can work with the knowledge base which you find in the ticket area, and link one or more artikles to customers / suppliers even offers or invoices etc.