Need of Indian Accounting System demanded by many Indian users

Please can any one make us available with Indian Accounting system in Dolibarr. it will be very helpful and kind of you.

Regards

Jay

2 Likes

Yes, Just pick up the British Accounts which is similar to Indian accounting system. If you want I can assist you remotely

Dolibarr Create Indian COA
Notes:
(1) Use the uploaded file here
(2) Open csv file in Excel
(3) Use Ctrl+H to find MS and replace with “Indian COA” or whatever

Credit to afiifidali

WARNING: BEFORE ATTEMPTING any of the steps below please BACKUP Dolibarr or backup your Dolibarr database from your control panel. Although the procedures below will not do any serious damage to your system, you’d rather be safe than sorry. I will not be responsible for any system malfunctions.
So here are the steps you need to take. Make sure you carry out the procedure step by step, do not miss any step or it wont work.

STEP 1:

Run the following SQL Queries using phpMyAdmin which can be accessed depending on how you are running Dolibarr:

• If running locally (from local computer) then in your browser type: localhost/phpmyadmin or from the localhost main page look for phpMyAdmin.
  • If running from a hosted environment then in the control panel under Database section look for phpMyAdmin.

Once you are in PhpMyAdmin:

On the left hand side make sure the Dolibarr database is selected then look for SQL Tab.

Copy and paste the following query in the box where you clicked on SQL Tab. Make sure it has: Run SQL query/queries on database name_of_dolibarr_db:

//CREATE TABLE your_temp_table LIKE llx_accounting_account;

TryIT
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE your_temp_table LIKE llx_accounting_account;

This creates a table called your_temp_table

Click on Go button to run the query. If everything ran successfully you should have this message : MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.1491 seconds.) with a green tick

// done

STEP 2:

Download the attached file English Chart of Accounts.csv

English Chart of Accounts

(i) Change file name to Malaysia Chart of Accounts
(ii) Ctl+H in Excel and change ENG-BASE to MS
(iii) Making sure the database selected is the Dolibarr database, run the query below:

(iv) copy/paste in SQL the statement: SELECT * FROM your_temp_table;
(v) click on Go button // it should display 343 rows
(vi) Then look for Import tab. Once you click on Import Tab make sure it says: Importing into the table “your_temp_table”
(vii) Click on choose file then select the downloaded English Chart of Accounts.csv file. Under Format choose CSV using Load Data.
(viii) In the Columns separated with box type: ;
(ix) Click on Go button.

// If its successful you will get a tick and a number of rows will be inserted in the your_temp_table created earlier.

// done

STEP 3:

(i) Copy and paste the following query making sure to Uncheck → ‘Enable foreign key checks’ then click on Go button:

UPDATE llx_accounting_account SET fk_pcg_version = ‘MS’ WHERE fk_pcg_version = ‘ENG-BASE’;

The above query renames PCG99-BASE to MS-BASE

Then run the following query making sure to Uncheck → ‘Enable foreign key checks’

UPDATE llx_accounting_system SET pcg_version=‘MS’,label = ‘Malaysian COA’ WHERE pcg_version = ‘ENG-BASE’;

// done

STEP 4:

Copy and paste the following query:

UPDATE llx_accounting_account INNER JOIN your_temp_table on your_temp_table.rowid = llx_accounting_account.rowid SET llx_accounting_account.label = your_temp_table.label;

// Uncheck ‘Enable foreign key checks’ → also results in 0 rows but
// in dolibarr all 343 rows shown correctly

Click on Go button

If its successful you will get something like this: 340 rows affected. (Query took 0.1315 seconds.)

Now check on your Accountancy setup if all is done properly you should now see in the drop down list box: MS-BASE - The base accountancy plan in English

// error 0 rows created

Voila!
Phew! this was quite long!
Give a big thank you if I made your DoliLife easier!!

Download the file below:
CSV file

1 Like

You need to pick in, Setup Tutorial then go the the Model Chart of Account

You must Click the Step 2 You can find it There
The Load it on Step 3 thereby you can edit add and delete

But You must take note Account Groupings about the Income and Expense

That is one of the core important for Accounting Reports

As you can see I used the France small Chart of Account, Our country does not have Pre-defined Chart of Account. I did it since I do not want to take the risk. This is the safest way.

Table ‘evklrovp_dolibarr.llx_accounting_account’ doesn’t exist

which modules do you have enabled?

Home, Setup, Modules/Applications, search for acc

which accounting - if any - did you enable?

i have choosen double entry

Dolibarr has detected a technical error.
This information can be useful for diagnostic purposes (you can set option $dolibarr_main_prod to ‘1’ to hide sensitive information):
Date: 20240410205049
Dolibarr: 18.0.1 - https://www.dolibarr.org
Level of features: 0
PHP: 8.1.24
Server: LiteSpeed
OS: Linux divine.herosite.pro 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.83.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 23 15:58:18 UTC 2023 x86_64
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Requested URL: /dolibarr/accountancy/admin/account.php?mainmenu=accountancy&leftmenu=accountancy_admin
Referer: Login @ 18.0.1
Menu manager: eldy_menu.php

Modules/Applications: user, agenda, service, stock, bom, variants, productbatch, export, import, fckeditor, mrp, accounting, projet, eventorganization, categorie, resource, ecm, multicurrency, barcode, bookmark, externalrss, workflow, modulebuilder, holiday, opensurvey, website, expensereport, takepos, knowledgemanagement, recruitment, socialnetworks, notification, hrm, fournisseur, mailing, emailcollector, cron, supplier_proposal, externalsite, adherent, reception, printing, receiptprinter, incoterm, facture, societe, tax, salaries, propal, loan, commande, don, expedition, banque, contrat, paymentbybanktransfer, prelevement, ficheinter, margin, ticket, product
Database type manager: mysqli
Latest database access request error: SELECT aa.rowid, aa.fk_pcg_version, aa.pcg_type, aa.account_number, aa.account_parent, aa.label, aa.labelshort, aa.fk_accounting_category, aa.reconcilable, aa.active, aa.import_key, a2.rowid as rowid2, a2.label as label2, a2.account_number as account_number2 FROM llx_accounting_account as aa LEFT JOIN llx_accounting_system as asy ON aa.fk_pcg_version = asy.pcg_version AND aa.entity = 1 LEFT JOIN llx_accounting_account as a2 ON a2.rowid = aa.account_parent AND a2.entity = 1 WHERE asy.rowid = 2 ORDER BY aa.account_number ASC LIMIT 21
Return code for latest database access request error: DB_ERROR_NOSUCHTABLE
Information for latest database access request error: Table ‘evklrovp_dolibarr.llx_accounting_account’ doesn’t exist

Okay, does the database named evklrovp_dolibarr exist?

yes sir, all other tables are already there, now i am trying to add the table manually from phpMyAdmin from the field names from above select statements

And Now it works

But i wonder, why it is so, from a fresh install, the table has to be created by own. there must be some error in the install script. my doliberr version is latest

what do you mean by latest? we need a version number.

Also, can you try redoing the installation to see if it repeats?