Option to Open PDF in New Window

hello

I think it would be useful to have a global option to open pdf files in a new window rather than download to the local machine. And I find it very frustrating to always be saving the linked files locally before I can view them. With Acrobat plug-ins it would be useful to open the PDF directly the browser.

Could we have a global option to change the link parameters.

Thanks
Paul

Hello,

Maybe you can try the option MAIN_DISABLE_FORCE_SAVEAS = 1 in Setup / Other setup

You can see the list of options here : http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Setup_Other

Wish it works for you

Edit:::
. it look like the above option will open the PDF in the same window, so you have to use the back button in your browser to get back to Dolibarr’s page
. an alternative solution is to configure your browser for asking you whether you want to save or to open the file when you click on it

Rgds.

Hello, To confirm added this option and works ok. Browser is already set to open pdf in browser for mime type application/pdf. Would be better in new window though. Any chance of an option for this.
Thanks

For those who are in search for this, i’ve add it in a PR:

When merged, you will have to set MAIN_FILES_OPEN_NEWTAB along with MAIN_DISABLE_FORCE_SAVEAS

1 Like

thanks, I like that. I think that it will take a little longer than just being merged. I would expect this the earliest in 19.0.3 or perhaps major release 20.

The review of the PR make some changes. It is not a new variable, it is the setting of the MAIN_DISABLE_FORCE_SAVEAS at the value 2 that allow to open in newtab.

It has been merged in the develop branch, yes. We’ll see when it will be release, in the meanwhile you can follow the modifications of the files in the PR to manually modify your Dolibarr.