Partial Refunding

Dolibarr 18.0.3
Module INVOICES

Hi there

As an e-commerce shop, we often ship fragile goods that, despite good packaging, sometimes arrive at the customer as breakage. Often, however, only one product is broken. The customer often does not want a replacement delivery or credit note, but a partial refund of the purchase price. We send the money to the customer as requested, but how do we reflect this in the invoice module?

1. Cancelling the whole invoice and creating a new one (without the broken items) does not seem expedient to us and where does the difference (refund amount) go, so that colleagues can understand it later in Doli?

2. The setup switch INVOICE_ALLOW_REUSE_OF_CREDIT_WHEN_PARTIALLY_REFUNDED has obviously been misunderstood by us - when does it take effect?

Frank

side question, where can I read more about this secret? switches?

Hi @jonbendtsen

1 Like

As I read the following:

INVOICE_ALLOW_REUSE_OF_CREDIT_WHEN_PARTIALLY_REFUNDED* â–ş If a credit note was partially refunded (a refund was sent to the customer), with common situation, we wait to have the remain refunded too. With this option, it is possible to convert the remain of invoice into a discount to reuse it into another invoice.

If you activate this function, you are instructing Dolibarr to create a Credit Balance for the Customer to be used at a later time.

Since you don’t want to do this, deactivate this and when you have a future occurrence needing a partial refund, you would simply pull up that particular Customer Invoice and “Create Credit Note” referencing that Customer Invoice, choosing what widgets need to be refunded on the draft. You would choose how you would pay/refund the invoice and proceed accordingly.

I hope this helps,

Frank