Payment for costomer

Dear sir
Please lek me know how we can advance payment of costomer and vander by dolibarr??
thank

payments can happen using Stripe, Paypal or you can register both a bank or cash payment

Dear Jonbendtsen
Thank you for reply us.
I want to know how can entry in dolibarr the customer advance payment without invoice and quotation?

I do not know if you can do that.

Hello,

You can’t receive a payment without a invoice.
This is not allowed by any country

I disagree with you on that. Pretty much every regular consumer webshop will only send you the invoice after you have paid online during the order process.

Hello,

Yes but quite immediately no ?

Anyway in Dolibarr, it’s the opposite.

Hi @jonbendtsen
@ksar is correct, webshop receives order from user basket, customer pays then order turns to invoice.

yes it is quite immediately, but in Dolibarr it is also not the opposite.

In the bottom of this order you can see the online payment link. Yes this order is paid, but it was paid 1 day after the order was generated from the proposal. ( i have some with more time between order validated and invoice generated at payment, but I can’t find them right now).

But I think this is getting irrelevant, because I think the Original question was about how to do accounting records when payment was received before quotation and invoice.

But let’s refrase the question. Someone sent you money or paid you in cash. How does one handle that in the accounting in Dolibarr?

No, he is not correct, there is nothing illegal about it, and you say it yourself:

1. order
  2. pay
  3. invoice

Hello,

You can only link payment to Invoices in Dolibarr.

okay, so what is a payment?

• It is a line on a banking statement that deposits money into your account.

What is also a line on a banking statement that deposits money into your account?

• interest. And not this does not have to be from a loan, it could be just be from your bank for the money you have in your account.

How would one do the accounting for that line?

In accounting you can put some of these in OD journal :

But you can’t link them to a purchase or an order.
@Ajlan initial question was regarding Customer Down Payment.

Sorry for the incomplete answer and come to think of it, you are partly both right.
The gist of it is for accounting a payment entry without an invoice is considered tax evasion

In order for commerce to thrive they allow advance payment e.g. web banking where the bank receipt is considered as the payment receipt(not a tax element) then seller turns order to invoice where payments are recorded under in bookkeeping.
So seller either waits to receive payment then issues invoice and records payment or issues invoice with a payment due notice and when receives payment( e.g. on delivery in cash) records payment

2 Likes