Request for Process flow (step by step) - Journal or Booking of Accounting Entries

We are new with Dolibarr system, we are using the version 16.0.1, We already made the set-up for accounting chart of accounts and other need to set-up in accounting menu, we already made some creation (datas) in other menus like in third party, products; and also made some invoices, payments. …and still we are confused where or how to start journalizing our records, which includes purchases, sales and miscellaneous transactions.

Kindly advise.

Thank you very much.

The home page of accounting menu should show you the process.
One setup is done (step 1 to 9), to start journalizing, once data (invoice and payments has been entered), follow step A to E.

@eldy We started again by creating new data’s in third party menu, i.e. for customer (inland, abroad & private); and for vendor (inland, abroad & private)… First Test: i created an invoice then it was validated, but we need to cancel it (not yet paid), and created the corresponding credit note to reverse the transaction. Why is it in the Customer record still showing the outstanding balance (see attached screenshot); do i need to enter payment in the invoice and enter refund in the credit note :thinking:… and also how those mentioned transaction (invoice and credit note) will reflect in the ledger, :thinking:

Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

@eldy @ksar @isoscent Doing the Testing no.2: Scenario is receiving an advance payment from Customer outside the country (abroad); i already created the downpayment invoice showing the total value order, my question is how to show in the invoice the 50% downpayment (advance payment); i.e. total value amount of sales order minus the 50% advance payment :thinking: (see attached related screenshots for reference).

Once you have create a downpayment, you can “consume” the down payment by adding it into another invoice (so downpayment will appear in this other invoice). The invoice must have the status “draft” to be able to enter a downpayment inside an invoice to reduce the amount of the invoice.

Because you have a +918.71 and -918.71 in list of custome rinvoices, you should have 0 in the “Current outstanding”.
This is what you have into the box number 4 “Current oust…”

I don’t know what is the box 5. Can you put your mouse over the text title to know what is the complete label ? May be it is only the outstanding that is “late”. If yes, check the due date of both invoices.

@eldy please find the screenshot attached showing the details when i open the box with current outs balance (AED - 964.65).

Again, Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

for added info: the debit amount is for the standard invoice and the credit amount is for the credit invoice :slightly_smiling_face:

Which one ? What is the label on the second one. The correct one, is the first one. And it shows 0, as expected.
So i don’t see any trouble on your screenshots.

@eldy yeah, there’s no problem in the details, but why is it when it open the customer account and in the current outstanding balance box showing the AED - 964.65 balance (see attached screenshot) :thinking:

do i need to complete the process, i.e. enter a payment on invoice and enter a refund on the credit note issued :thinking:

The outstanding balance is not -964.65, it is 0. You read the wrong picture. Take a look on the same screenshot on the correct box, just on left, “Current outstanding invoices” and you will see it is 0 !

@eldy please see attached screenshot for my explaination … many thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

@eldy @ksar @isoscent … Hi, I encounter Dolibarr system error: I am trying to add one VAT account in VAT account set-up; i.e. the VAT for import goods (RCM - Reverse Charge Mechanism)… Please see attached screenshot for error details. Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you upgrade to 16.0.3 and check if pb still happen ?
Or jus try to enter a “code” smaller.

@eldy Thank you, i am able to add now the related VAT acct set-up for import goods (RCM)… but regarding to my previous question see attached screenshot for details :thinking:

@eldy thank you for your reply, i already updated the VAT account set-up (adding vat code for RCM)…

@eldy @isoscent @milenmk
I restarted again my testing and clear all those previous testing data’s i made… for the start I created a standard invoice (i skip in creating the customer order); then I made the binding > sales journal > record transactions in accounting. Everything works perfectly cause i check the Accounting section (Ledger, journals and account balance) and it shows all corresponding values.
Now, i need to ship or deliver the items and to receive the payments as well.

My question is how can i create a delivery note, since I am not able to create the sales order on this particular transaction :thinking:… Again, Thank you very much :slightly_smiling_face:

@eldy @isoscent Hello… How do you treat Post-Dated Cheque (PDC) payments :thinking: Please find attached screenshot for reference)… Just want to know the next step, once the cheque has been deposit and cleared.

I already created cheque clearing account (temporary) wherein to used as debit when receiving the pdc; but need this cheque clearing account to credit once the pdc has been cleared - i need to know where can i process this kind of step :thinking:

and also regarding cost of sales; i’m able to create the delivery note (from sales order), but need also to book the corresponding cost of sales :thinking:

Many Thanks

@eldy @isoscent Greetings! Just processed the “enter payment” both for customer invoice and vendor invoice; and after that i proceed to transfer in accounting > Cash journal > record transactions in accounting, and unfortunately i encounter dolibarr system error (see attached screenshots):

Error in cash journal > record transactions in accounting.

Related chart of accounts for cash, receivable and payables.

How can i edit the accounting account in dolibarr cash journal :thinking: :thinking:

many thanks :slightly_smiling_face: