Simple tutorial to get newbie started

I’m not an accountant but I’ve taken a simple course and yet I’m still having trouble understanding how to use Dolibarr in double entry accounting mode. Does anyone have a really simple explanation/tutorial on how to enter a journal entry (say for sale of an item) and then have payment entered into the bank ledger. I think this could be really helpful for newbies like me. I’m sure someone could create that in just a couple paragraphs. Thanks for helping.

I’ve been through most of the Dolibarr tutorials. Not one of them shows the actual accounting process.

If I sell a product for $10 and want to enter it into the journals, what is the process. All the accounting software I’ve tried does this stuff differently. Dolibarr doesn’t talk about that process anywhere. There is no help.

I’d like to add that I’m thankful for the reply even if it wasn’t helpful.
There are good tutorials for almost every part of Dolibarr but not one for the most complex part. That’s a pretty big missing part.

So nobody out there can give me a few lines in point form in how to make a journal entry and have it reflected in the bank account.

Say I make a $10 cash sale: (never mind including instructions for Cost of good sold.) Just use a simple sale as an example:
101 is my cash account and the bank:
4301 sale of goods

101 Cash dr $10
4301 sale of goods cr $10

I’ve tried entering that into the sales journal and then after I click “Validate” nothing else happens.

What’s the procedure. It’s not fair that we have to guess!

Please please help!

I think Dolibarr does a poor job regarding that. You may use external software and use a module to export your data such as:
https://www.dolistore.com/en/modules/1272-Export-Simplified-Accounting-3-1-x---15-x.html

Yes. I’ve realized that now after wasting a week trying to figure out what was wrong. It really is not at all accounting software and shouldn’t be advertised as such. I see add ins in the store for things like COAs for different countries. What’s the point? You can’t even do journal entries (kinda the main part of accounting software). I know this is open source and that it takes time to create software. I see the potential in Dolibarr, and if I was a programmer I’d help out. But there should be something on the download page that says the accounting parts are still under construction. The main page of the Dolibarr website says “Double Entry Accounting”. But it’s not (yet), is it.

I’m also struggling but that’s because I know next to nothing about accounts. The video’s are all very simple from an input user prespective but as you said, I can’t find anything to actually help with how to set up the journals etc.
There is an accountancy module though so not sure why you think that the accounting parts are still under construction? Anyway, I wanted to follow your thread in case you found anything helpful!

Yes there is an accounting module but it does virtually nothing. You can assign COA account codes and enter numbers into them but it does very little accounting. At least when I used it it doesn’t do any addition or subtracting. The journal entries don’t accomplish anything. That’s why you are having trouble. Try using FrontAccounting and you’ll see the difference from software that works.

Accounting is the only feature that has held me back from using Dolibarr, for years now, everytime they release an update, I usually quickly check through the features to see if this has been accomplished.
I had thought they’d this in version 15, but not yet, they are working on version 16, am hoping somehow it will be available.

I’ve been Frontccounting for a while.

This right here is exactly the challenge I am having. At Face Value Dolibarr is what I need but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to make it to work the way I want.

The Wiki and YouTube tutorial are all too general and don’t go into practical usage of the software. They dwell mainly on the Features…