Unable to create project events from third party module

Version: [11.0.3]
Operating System: [Linux]
Web Server: [Apache]
PHP: [7.2.30]
Database: [MariaDB 5.5.5-10.1.44-MariaDB]
URL(s): [/comm/action/card.php][/societe/agenda.php]

Hi Dolibarrians!
I would like to be able to create project related events directly from the third parties module [/societe/agenda.php] instead of navigating first to the projects module and then via the tab “Events/Agenda” [/projet/info.php] by finally pressing the button “Create Event” to [/comm/action/card.php].

Unfortunately this seems not to be possible or did I miss something?

I’m aware that the the third party contact I want to link to the event has to be a project contact already.

This question might be related to my previous post ([Visbility of projects from third parties?])

Hans

Hi Hans,

Just wondering, what is the status of the project you want to add the event a link to ? On my side, it works for validated projects, but not for draft ones (greyed option) although I can add an event to a draft project when directly on its card.

Regards,
Marc

Hi Marc,
thanks for having a look at this!
It doesn’t work for validated projects either on my side.
But I should be a bit more specific:
Adding events from the third party module works, but ONLY if assigning an event to the third party I entered, when creating the project. Nicely it’s possible to enter additional third parties / contacts after project creation and I would expect, that I could also invite those contacts to events created from the third party module. Unfortunately this is not possible, since the projects those contacts are assigned to don’t show up, when creating an event.
This is why I think there’s a relation to my earlier raised question in this thread.

Hans

Yes, that is right. And that is probably what most people want to avoid mixing up things.

As a “workaround”, you can add an event from your agenda and you will be able to select contacts from any company (don’t select a thirdparty or it filter the contacts…) and any project, related to these contacts or not.

I know I am not really answering the question, but should that help, then I’ll be happy…

Regards,
Marc

1 Like

Thanks, Marc - this does answer my question. Although I’m not happy with the answer :unamused:

Well the behaviour seems to follow the lack of project events being able to address more than one third party. And I can’t imagine that there are no more users out there, who want to assign project events to more than one third party.

However, the current functionality will make me rethink my workflow…

Nevertheless: thanks again, Marc! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hans

HHHans,

You might want to try enable the following in the project config:

On document of a business, can choose a project linked to another business → all now its probably empty.

You can find it in:
Setup->Modules/Applications-> Project module setup: at the bottom you find other

hope that this helps

Thanks erikvanberkum for having a look at my problem!
My question is more related to the creation of events with arbitrary third parties and also multiple third parties per events.