Using Dolibarr as a Software for an Association

Hello All,
I am new to Dolibarr. I want to use Dolibarr to Management our Association.
It will be used to manage or members, payment of Dues, Fines, Collections and other Contributions from members of the Association. We also want to know members that have not paid their dues and also know how much is in our Association Account at a given period of time. We also want to track any project done by the Association.
How do I use dolibarr to manage this?

Thanks.

Popsicles12

Hi Popsicles,

Guess you have made a good decision about using dolibarr to manage your association. The members link in the top menu might be very much useful for managing subscriptions etc.

Check this : Module Membership management - Dolibarr ERP CRM Wiki
and Tutorial 18 - EN - Membership Management with Dolibarr ERP CRM - YouTube

all the best

yesbee.

Thanks for your response.
My challenge with Dolibarr is the reporting system.
I need to be able to print every member their account status. (subcriptions and payments). Moreso I need a flexibility in the sense that there are other dues that members do pay and I should be able to capture such dues to the members account.
Since the subscription is monthly I want a situation where after I enter the first subscription, I can do an autogenerate of subsequent subscription.
These are my needs for the association.
Can dolibarr Opensource handle all these issues?

Expecting your reply
regards

Emma.

Hi Emma,

Linking similar issue asked an year ago :

@ksar @eldy

Any direction or help on this requirement please.

regards,
yesbee

If you go on the tab “Contributions” of a member, you will see all subscription and the amount paid (or not). You can use click the ont the printer in top bar menu to print it in a sheet.

For autogeneration of subscription, you must use the module invoice and recuring invoice. Recurring invoice génération is managed on invoice side, but not for payment of membership fees. Not that only invoice is generated automatically. Not the payment that must be entered manually on generated invoices.

Hello, did you find a solution for this…

Have tried Dolibarr and even gone through queries here but i haven’t found an open source solution that addresses all you listed.

I partly use Dolibarr for running a small nonprofit dance association.

I use Dolibarr for membership registrations, for dance class and dance event registrations, for expense reports, …

Currently I still use Gnucash for the accounting, but I do plan to shift that to Dolibarr as well. I used Gnucash long before I started to use Dolibarr.

So Dolibarr of course is not immediately a good fit for a dance organisation, so I added quite a few Complementary Attributes, mostly to Proposals, Orders and invoices, but I have also made some Complementary Attributes for Thirdparties.

I also made a little form system for registering for our dance classes and dance events, this can be seen on https://shop.balboaswing.dk/ - but please don’t register, look but don’t touch. (yeah, it is not a pretty form, but there was some other stuff in Dolibarr I had to circumvent/fix too).

Because Dolibarr sends Notifications before the event is done, when I send a “Order accepted, please pay”, Dolibarr currently sends a order reference which is for the draft order, and then once they visit my dolibarr to pay, the order is now validated and then the reference has changed :-o meaning that payment doesn’t work. I have made another little Python Flask system that circumvents that uses the value of some Complementary Attributes to find the thirdparty and order and then lookup the right payment link in Dolibarr and send the member to that address where they can pay and it is registered in Dolibarr.

I also made a little python flask class and event overview tool for our teachers and administrator (me).

I both hope to create some modules or perhaps even built in functionality in Dolibarr, but I also want to keep the public forms in a different system because that gives more flexibility where to run it and perhaps some security too.

In fact I’d like if the public and non public facing parts of Dolibarr was split into 2 different containers with different database rights, because I believe this will gain security.

Could you elaborate further on how you made the complimentary attributes?

I am in a similar boat as the OP and would really like to make Dolibarr work…

Sure and welcome.

Home, Setup, Modules/Applications, then I one by one search for all the module I want to have Complementary Attributes. Once found I click the cogwheel and get into settings for that module. In there there is a tab or 2 with complementary attributes.