Care to share your .ODT or .ODS templates?

It seems to come up frequently with new users and reaching out (especially to creative people) who’re willing to post their working templates.

I would help if I could, but although it is damn harder in dolibarr it seems, the pdf format is my only option.

1 Like

What is an ODT? (joke) I haven’t ever mess with it as I use UltimatePDF and I’m happy with it but if I could see what an .ODT can do then I would have a go.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply’s and seems we’re all in the same boat. We prefer using PDF’s too but can see the benefits of customized templates. However, we just can’t justify that kind of time creating PhP alternatives for every user.

I would love to use these… But I have no idea how.

Is there s tutorial somewhere?

Also I use spread sheets a lot. I would like to see a module made of this system here: https://github.com/Spreadsheets/WickedGrid

1 Like

I found a few generic templates on sites like Apache office but have yet to find the time to modify them. The WickedGrid looks interesting BTW…

After not doing to well with Libre for some reason, I switched to OpenOffice and seemed to work flawlessly. Here’s a sample work order I created to print work orders instead of Customer Orders for the old school floor staff that refuse to use computers. :happy:

You’ll need to place the work_order.odt in /documents/doctemplates/orders then select Work_Order.odt in Doc templates under the Customer Order card.

Work_Order.odt (19.2 KB)

5 Likes

great job!

if your still interested I’m about to invest some time making some templates for invoicing, letters to perspective clients, Collections letters etc.
this includes

• Invoice letters
  • Formal collection letter
  • Firendly collection letter
  • Accept /Deny credit application
  • Estimation letter with details
  • Friendly reminders for overdue / outstanding payments

my plan would be to try and tie this all in once complete ill zip and upload or i can upload one by one (let me know)

My way of helping

1 Like

@everyone

What if I create a new category in the forum JUST FOR user-submitted templates which can be downloaded? I always presume the Dolibarr forum community is full of business professionals so it would be a great insight on sharing business processes through templates, whether PDF or ODT.

I think having a dedicated template area is a great idea.

1 Like

@everyone

This post has now been moved into the newly created Community Templates section. Hopefully, the Dolibarr community will be encouraged to share their custom work to help others.

I can move/file existing posts to the new section if anyone can point me to any existing templates already hidden in the Dolibarr forum. If we get enough submissions over time, then I don’t mind creating a ‘post template’ guide to make it easier for everyone.

Hi everyone…

Just wanted to share one of my first attempts at making a ODT template. This Picking Ticket is being used to pull orders in the warehouse for orders that are loaded onto a truck. Feel free to use and modify to suit your needs.

This template has a modified field located in the Commercial Order area of Dolibarr for printing job site related information useful for dispatch and delivery on a order.
MODIFICATION: /setup /modules /Customer Orders /Complementary attributes --> added attribute code “location” for information related to Jobsite instructions.

Notes:
*** Avoid editing with Libre Office as there are occasional errors with formatting attached to codes needed for Dolibarr. I currently use Open Office and have had no issues.
*** Upload Pick Ticket ODT into Dolibarr folder: htdocs/documents/doctemplates/orders
*** Make sure to turn on ODT templates in the Order Management module

Let me know if any of you like this as I would be happy to make other templates to share. :sunglasses:

Pick_Ticket.odt (15 KB)

1 Like

Hi again everyone…

I am adding additional ODT templates. One will be a modified version of the Picking Ticket, which now has a separated Part Number and Part Description lines. The second template is a Delivery Receipt.

Same notes will apply as my previous post:
This template has a modified field located in the Commercial Order area of Dolibarr for printing job site related information useful for dispatch and delivery on a order.
MODIFICATION: /setup /modules /Customer Orders /Complementary attributes --> added attribute code “location” for information related to Jobsite instructions.

Notes:
*** Avoid editing with Libre Office as there are occasional errors with formatting attached to codes needed for Dolibarr. I currently use Open Office and have had no issues.
*** Upload Pick Ticket ODT into Dolibarr folder: htdocs/documents/doctemplates/orders
*** Upload Delivery Ticket ODT into Dolibarr folder: htdocs/documents/doctemplates/shipment
*** Make sure to turn on ODT templates in the Order and Shipment Management modules

Let me know if any of you like these. :wink:

Pick_Ticket_2019-04-16.odt (14.2 KB)

DeliveryReceipt.odt (18 KB)

Hi again everyone…

I am adding additional ODT templates. One will be a modified version of the Picking Ticket, which now has a separated Part Number and Part Description lines. The second template is a Delivery Receipt. The third is a standard Order with quantity and pricing.

Same notes will apply as my previous post:

Notes:
*** Upload Pick Ticket & Order ODT into Dolibarr folder: htdocs/documents/doctemplates/orders
*** Upload Delivery Ticket ODT into Dolibarr folder: htdocs/documents/doctemplates/shipment
*** Make sure to turn on ODT templates in the Order and Shipment Management modules

Let me know if any of you like these. :wink:

Pick_Ticket_2.odt (14.2 KB)

Delivery_Receipt.odt (18 KB)

Order.odt (15.7 KB)

5 Likes

Hi everyone…

I have updated ODT templates, now with Purchase Orders.

These are modified templates from those I uploaded last year. Background bar color has been changed for each type of template as a visual aid when using and processing documents.

I also added 2 templates for Purchase Orders (Supplier Orders) as this is now usable in v11.0.1. One is Blind (no pricing) for picking and dropping product from Vendor to a job-site the other is standard (with pricing) for the Vendor acknowledgement and ordering.

Notes:

• Upload Pick_Ticket & Order ODT into folder: htdocs/documents/doctemplates/orders
  • Upload Delivery Receipt ODT into folder: htdocs/documents/doctemplates/shipment
  • Upload PO_Blind and PO_Pricing ODT’s into folder: htdocs/documents/doctemplates/supplier_orders
  • Make sure to turn on ODT templates in the Order,Shipment and Vendor(Supplier) Management modules
  • Some form fields have added options that have been entered into their respective modules under Complementary Attributes. You can delete the code in the form fields or enter your own attribute in a module and then change {object_options_yourattributename} for it to populate your custom info.

Let me know if you like them or if you have suggestions for improving. :grinning:

ODT_templates.zip (97.6 KB)

(screenshot of Pick_Ticket)

4 Likes

Sorry to borrow the post to ask, I do have an issue here where I created an odt sales order template, how do I make let say “Attn:” / “Ctc:” display only if its not empty?

I believe the only way you can do that is to omit the Attn: & “Ctc: text and just use the tags {contact_fullname} & {company_phone} etc.