Please work on bug fixes, not on new feature!

Note to all developer: Because the technical debt increase faster than the project receive PR to fix bugs, the technical debt has became a priority. So I won’t merge (or at least i will merge voluntarily slower) PR for new features, until the technical debt is more reduced (bug fix need and stabilization is also the point that delays the v19 release of few days). The good news is that, since several days, we have new technical debt killers that work very hard on Dolibarr :muscle:
Thanks to Frederic, Wiliam, Thibdrev and others… Don’t forget, we don’t need developers, we need bug fixers, bugs fixers and also bug fixers. Take a look at the Github issues with type “Bug” if you are hungry of development :slightly_smiling_face:

PS: Fixing a bug is not always coding, it is often just testing and closing ticket !

6 Likes

Okay, that part I could probably do.

I still think that one does need to have at least some PHP coding skills to fix bugs.

Maybe someone could rate the bug into difficulty categories such that newbies knows where to start.

This is a good opportunity to learn, not a PHP developer and not even a developer. If i have an understanding of what is to be done, i would gladly want to try my hands too :smile:

Besides, can we also look at bulk cost price option too like customer price?

Thank you Eldy and well done on this project with your team

I looked a bit into the code a while ago since we considering switching to Dolibarr. The French class names and code was a burden for me.

Is there documentation on this topic, a style guide about the language or plans to translate even class names to English some day?

Thanks, Jakob

1 Like